A fi sau a nu fi...liber

Personal growth ,life-coaching,positive and transpersonal psychology , education for all,INTEGRATIVE MEDICINE. HAPPINESS, WELL-BEING,WISDOM, HARMONY, COMMITMENT TO LIFE MISSION AND VALUES

03/12/2009

Old, natural remedies for flu

http://www.nothinbutherbs.com/product_p/2402.htm

A Flu Virus’s Worst Nightmare

SAMBUCUS NIGRA AND OLEA EUROPAEA

SAMBUCUS NIGRA

Folklore tells us that during the Middle Ages, the English believed the Sambucus nigra tree to have mystical abilities and that to have these trees on one’s property meant good luck. The medicinal value of the black elderberry goes back to the 5th century BC and is mentioned in the writings of Hippocrates, Dioscurides and Plinius. The juice of the Sambucus nigra has been used for over 2,500 years as a remedy for flu and colds.

Dr. Madeleine Mumcuoglu, PhD, a virologist based in Israel, is credited with discovering how Sambucus nigra thwarts the invasion of the flu virus. In order for a virus to replicate itself, it must first invade existing living cells through tiny “spikes” on the surface of the virus that puncture the walls of the cell. In the lab, Dr. Mumcuoglu discovered that the active constituents of Sambucus nigra “disarm” these “spikes”, which prevent the virus from piercing the cell membrane.

In clinical studies conducted in Israel in 1992, half the flue patients participating in the studies were given four tablespoons of syrup containing the active Sambucus nigra ingredients combined with other natural components; the remaining patients were given a placebo. The results showed that within 24 hours, the flu symptoms had significantly improved in twenty percent of the patients taking the Sambucus Nigra syrup. After the second day, another 75% were improved and in three days, a complete cure was achieved in over 90%. Among the control group, only 8% of the patients showed improvements in 24 hours, the remaining 92% improved within 6 days or more.

With these and other results showing Sambucus nigra as a proven antiviral agent, other testing has commenced to understand the extract’s potential role in the remedy of other viruses, including HIV, herpes and Epstein-Barr.

The examination of the active phytonutrients in Sambucus Nigra reveals flavonoids, almost exclusively flavonols with rutin as the chief component, as well as isoquercitrin and astrogalin.

OLEA EUROPAEA
Another Flu Fighter

The ancient Egyptians may have been the first to make practical use of the Olea Europaea, using it in the mummification of their kings. In later cultures, Olea europaeas were used as a popular folk remedy to relieve fevers. The first formal medical documentation describing the use of the olea europaea to cure malaria appeared in the 1850’s. Other European researchers determined that Olea europaea increases blood flow in the arteries, relieves irregular heartbeats and prevents intestinal spasms. In Hungary, a clinical investigation led by the director of an alternative medicine clinic in Hungary established that Olea europaea is 98% effective in destroying the viruses, bacteria and fungi that causes many of today’s most widespread illnesses.

With its antioxidant properties, Olea europaea may play a role in preventing free radical generation and the resulting damage this causes in healthy cells.

In recent times, Olea europaea (oleuropein) has been rediscovered as having multiple health applications. It has been reported to enhance the immune system, have anti-viral, anti-fungal, anti-bacterial and anti-parasite properties, increase energy, have internal cleansing action, lower blood pressure and reduce blood sugar. Olea europaea fights
viruses, such as colds and flu, by interfering with the critical amino acid production essential for virus reproduction.

Active molecules in Olea europaea have the ability to penetrate infected cells and stop viral replication. It can stimulate phagocytosis, an immune system response in which cells ingest and eliminate harmful micro-organisms and foreign matter.

Olea europaea may have powerful antioxidant properties. It has been shown to inhibit oxidation of low-density lipoproteins, the so-called “bad cholesterol” involved in heart arterial disease. With its antioxidant properties, Olea europaea may play a role in preventing free radical generation and the resulting damage this causes in healthy cells.

Researchers have determined that Olea europaea is a true anti viral, in that it selectively blocks the entire spectrum of viral growth and replication in the infected host. No pharmaceutical can accomplish this.

Dr. Tom has formulated for you 100% Sambucus nigra and Olea europaea in combination for maximum viral protection.

Call Nothin’ But Herbs today and get started protecting yourself from the multitude of viruses attacking our society.

Labels: , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home